What's A Cookie?
A "cookie" is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive if you agree to this and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
We are required to obtain your consent for all non-essential cookies used on our website.
You can block cookies (including essential cookies) at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block essential cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
To make cookie control easier for you we use a Cookie Consent Management tool on this site.
Cookies Are Either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies Can Also Be Categorised As Follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- First and third party cookies: First party cookies are cookies set by our website. Third party cookies are cookies on our website that are set by a website other than our website, such as where we have adverts on our website or use Facebook pixels so that we can show you relevant content from us when you are on Facebook.
Which Cookies Do We Use?
We use third party cookies on our website and these are set out in the table below.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below: Please be aware that these 3rd party providers may change their cookie names and use without notice.
Cookie Name & Purpose
WordPress Session Cookies
These are set for a logged in user of the website and are session cookies only
These are NOT SET for a website visitor.
Visitors DO NOT log into my site.
We do not allow blog comments so no blog commenting cookies are set
Moove GDPR Plugin
When this functional Cookie is enabled, the Cookie is used to save visitor Cookie Setting Preferences. Expires 12 months
This cookies is used to speed up and improve website pages. This cookie will prevent cached pages on the website, it does not collect personal or sensitive data.
Expires 5 days
Mailchimp hosted landing page
This is classified by Mailchimp as a strictly necessary cookie https://mailchimp.com/legal/cookies/
Universal Analytics (Google)
When these Cookies are enabled, these Cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to help us improve the site. The Cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
The cookies _gat, _gid, _ga are also set by our Mailchimp hosted landing page.
Set by Google.com reCAPTCHA service to provide spam protection.
It is a necessary, functional, session cookie
Expires 6 months
Set by Google.com to customise ads based on recent searches and actions.
Expires 9 months
Set by Google.com to store user preferences for ad delivery & retargeting
Expires 6 months
Set by Google.com is a security cookie to control access to 3rd party cookies
Expires 6 months
CONSENT Set by Google.com to store cookie consent preferences
Expires 17 years
Cookies Fired By VirtualityWorks.Teachable.com
Cookies are fired when clicking through to virtualityworks.teachable.com to access our online course directory, to purchase an online course or to access an online course.
From virtualityworks.com access to our virtualityworks.teachable.com site (our Teachable ‘school) would be classed as ‘third party cookies’ because they are not caused by our site. We have no control over the Cookies that Teachable set on their platform.
Cookies Fired By Mailchimp from https://craftyonlinecoursecreator.info/workbox
Cookies are fired when clicking through to https://craftyonlinecoursecreator.info/workbox to access our 'landing page' and subscribe to our email marketing list and receive our free 'Crafty Online Course Creators Workbox'.
This landing page is hosted via Mailchimp, our email marketing service.
The landing page fires 4 commonly used cookies for Universal Google Analytics which collects summarised data which helps us to understand how many people have visited the page, and what they did there. No personal data is tracked or stored by these cookies.
A cookie notice is displayed on entry to the landing page. However, Mailchimp do not, at the time of writing, provide a simple mechanism to prevent the cookies from being fired. You could use your browser control settings to prevent cookies being fired for all your online activities.
You Can Alter Your Cookie Preferences At Any Time.
You can alter your cookie preferences at any time on our site by clicking on the Orange Gear Icon at the bottom left of each page, selecting the types of cookies, and then adjusting the sliders to OFF as you wish. Please refresh your page to ensure that the new settings have taken effect.
You can also control your cookie settings through your web browser. You can also clear all cookies through your browser or security software tools too.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you have any questions about the cookies that we use, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org