Are you avoiding this?
Do you want to create an online course but are AFRAID of the techy stuff? Even though you know, deep down, it's a great idea for your business, you AVOID giving the idea even basic headspace, because you think it's going to be too hard to do? It makes me so sad when creative business owners like you are holding back your business due to 'fear of the techy stuff'.
So here is a quick online course creation tip for you to help remove your sense of dread and overwhelm around the techy stuff, OK?
Oh, and a quick confidence boost for you. If you are already teaching IN-PERSON art & craft classes, then you already have a massive head-start in getting a profitable course online and up for sale.
Let's take a quick look at what 'the techy stuff' really means for online course creation.
NB. I'm NOT talking about using Zoom, But I am talking in general terms about what tech and equipment you need so you can create an online on-demand course.
1. Equipment to film your art & craft tutorials
It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, you can do a lot with modern smartphones. The results are better and easier to achieve when you have a selection of
tripods / stands
You can get started with reasonably basic stuff.
2. Some way of editing your video footage to create short step-by-step video tutorials.
3. You'll probably need to know how to create other types of videos (screen shares, stuff for social media & for marketing) so will need screen recording software, as well as an easy social video making app.
4. Be able to create various documents & graphics for course materials and marketing.
5. Have a way for buyers to buy your course and pay you.
6. A basic email marketing platform.
7. Some way of providing your course lessons to your students. There are 4 main ways to do this.
You will have some of this stuff already as part of running your business.
You will have some knowledge already as part of running your business.
So you are defo NOT starting from scratch.
I have a FREE resource for you: The Course Creator's Techy Toolbox
NEXT ONLINE COURSE CREATION TIP!
One of the biggest barriers I see people struggling with and wasting a lot of time over is 'course hosting'.
It can seem like a complicated blackhole of possibly expensive online programs.
So here is another online course creation tip!
As I mentioned above, there are 4 main ways to do this.
a. basic using email
b. changing your website - either WordPress or something like Wix, Weebly, Squarespace
c. through a course marketplace such as Udemy or SkillShare
d. use a course hosting platform such as Teachable or Thinkific
I get a lot of questions about this, so I'm thinking of running a webinar in the next couple of weeks.
Are you interested?
Would this help you?
What other course creation tips and topics would help you?
Hit reply or drop me a message.
I'm here to help you BOOST YOUR PROFITS.
P.S. I did a more in-depth video about this topic: